Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Conversation With LL

Conversation between me
and my 102 year old neighbor

ME

How is it that you still have so much dark hair?

LL
What do you mean?

ME
You're 102 years old and you're barely 50% gray.

LL
On half of my head?

ME
No, not on half of your head. Throughout.

LL
Really?

ME
Yes.

LL
What color is the rest?

ME
Black.

LL
I didn't know I still had black hair. Is it pretty?

ME
Of course.


LATER


LL

If I could still see, I'd go out for walks, I'd cook... I cooked all the time. I am an excellent cook.

ME
And then you taught your daughter.

LL
My daughter can't cook.

ME
Your daughter's a great cook!

LL
Ok, she can cook, but not like me. She has her recipes, I have mine.

ME
Speaking of cooking, are you sure you don't want anything to eat?

LL
I'm not hungry. I ate a big breakfast.

ME
What did you eat.

LL
Potatoes and bread.

ME
Potatoes and bread. That's it?

LL
Yes it was very filling. And coffee with milk and sugar.

ME
But that's it? What about protein.

LL
What do I need protein for?

ME
So you can grow big and strong.

 

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! Really? Really? Melissa, did you actually tell a 102yo woman she needs protein so she would grow big and strong??
Too funny!!

Hillary said...

Ha! That's awesome!

Melissa said...

Abbie: What? She's short!

;)

Grandy said...

Cute...Makes me think of my Grandma.