Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Priorities

Conversation with a 12 year old boy after surgery
ME
How are you feeling?

HIM
Good.

ME
Does anything hurt?

HIM
No.

ME
Did they give you medicine for the pain? Is that why?

HIM
Yeah.

ME
Have you been sleeping a lot because of that?

HIM
Yeah.

ME
Good because that's your FAVORITE THING!

HIM
(Laughs.)

ME
You know, I'm SO glad you had this done now and that it went so well. Because now it's done and out of the way, and from now on you can do whatever you want! It's all over!

HIM
Yeah and you know what else? I also got fifty five dollars and a big tray of candy!!!
Yeah. He's fine :)

 

5 Comments:

Alice said...

haha, $55 and a tray of candy DOES sound like a pretty good trade off.. :-)

Anonymous said...

While Drew was laying in the hospital after he got his appendix out he said in a week voice, "this is almost better than my birthday or Christmas"

Vanessa said...

Sounds like he knows what's important!

Grandy said...

I'll have what he's having.

Melissa said...

Alice: Gotta love the perspective on life :)

MP: Lol! Awww... You did really well with him MP. I know that was a nightmare for all of you. He's lucky to have so many parents who love him so much and who are so great about sharing.

Vanessa: Heck yeah! Which reminds me. I should have posted what he said to me a few days later. (Note to self...)

Grandy: You have enough dope for now ;)