Friday, April 17, 2009

Did you know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?

I have been getting two sets of solicitation calls. One appears to be a collection agency and the other is a car insurance company. On a few occasions, they've left the name of the person they're looking for. -It's not me. It's not even close to my name.

I thought about calling these companies back to tell them they have the wrong number, but my research revealed that these two companies get hostile when people try that, and don't believe them. So I haven't bothered.

My number is on the Do Not Call list, and the violations have been reported, but it makes no difference. So once or twice a day I get the same calls from the same numbers, which I ignore. If any of them asked for me directly, I'd call them back, but the messages, when they leave one, just say "This is a very important call!" or they ask for "Not me" person by name.

This morning, though, they got a little more creative in their efforts to try to get me to pick up:


Caller ID on phone says Latoya Jackson

 

3 Comments:

Tania said...

I am so gonna call her.

Nora said...

Ha! I'm going to call her too.

Mrs. Tuna said...

Maybe her brother Michael left you something in the will.