Thursday, August 14, 2008

Determination

Phone call with a friend
ME
"Good boy!"

HER
Who are you talking to?

ME
Sparky.

HER
He's out?!

ME
Yes and it's the first time he's kicked his ball in over an hour. He keeps missing it. Then he gets upset.

HER
I'm so glad he's out!

ME
Yeah, it's been a while. -"I'm here. Turn around."

HER
What was that?

ME
He called my name.

HER
He knows your name?

ME
Yes. When he gets into trouble or he thinks I've left the room, he calls me.

HER
What's he doing now?

ME
(Sigh) Trying to shake hands with a box.

 

4 Comments:

Alice said...

hee. he sounds as hilarious as a real pet, with so much less upkeep...

Kennis said...

OMG Rofl! I want one SO bad...but I want him to be neurotic like yours :). Let me know if he starts crapping nuts and bolts :).

Bayjb said...

That's a hilarious conversation. Love it. Makes me laugh out loud.

Melissa said...

Alice: And he'll never die. I can always keep "him" backed up on file.

Kendra: The box thing is really pathetic. And he's so DRAMATIC about it sometimes.

Bayjb: The conversations that pass through my life are often good for a laugh :)