Friday, November 7, 2008

All Orders Are FINAL!

ME
(On the phone.)
Hi, I just placed a delivery order two minutes ago and I'd like to add something.

GIRL ON PHONE
Ummm... I'm not sure if you can do that.

ME
I can't? I just called... I can't add something?

GIRL ON PHONE
No. I don't think you can.

ME
I just ordered a hamburger, less than two minutes ago. It can't have been cooked and gone out already.

GIRL ON PHONE
Yeah but I already sent the order to the back.

ME
Ok, well could you take a separate order then, send that to the back too, and make sure they're both delivered at the same time???

[20 MINUTES LATER]

ME
Hi. Let me just check the receipt... There's no shake.

DELIVERY GUY
What?

ME
There's no shake on the receipt. Just one item. The hamburger is here, but I also added a shake.

DELIVERY GUY
Check the bag.

ME
Nope it's not here.

(Delivery guy looks confused.)

ME (CONT.)
This is fine, it's what I ordered, but they're just going to send you back again with the shake that I ordered too.

DELIVERY GUY
Call them.

[MOMENTS LATER]

ME
(On the phone)
Hello? I placed a delivery order about 20 minutes ago and I just received it and I'm missing the shake.

MAN ON PHONE
No shake.

ME
Right. No shake. There's no shake.

MAN ON PHONE
Yes. No shake.

ME
Right, but I ordered a shake. I ordered a hamburger, then I called back less than two minutes later and ordered a shake separately. Is that still coming?

MAN ON PHONE
No shake with hamburger.

ME
Right. I have the hamburger, but I also ordered the shake.

MAN ON PHONE
Yes.

ME
So... is the shake still coming in another delivery? A separate delivery?

MAN ON PHONE
No. You call after girl send order to the back.

ME
Yes, but I still placed a second order for a shake too.

MAN ON PHONE
Is too late. Girl tell you. -We no charge you for shake.

ME
So the shake is NOT coming?

MAN ON PHONE
Order already go to back. No shake. Too late. We didn't make shake.

ME
Ok.

DELIVERY GUY
Call back and ask to speak to the manager.

ME
Oh no. I'm done.

 

4 Comments:

MLL said...

I'm impressed that you have someplace that delivers hamburgers and shakes. The only thing we can get delivered is pizza, and occasionally Chinese.

Grandy said...

It's a wonder your head didn't explode. I would have dropped at least one F-bomb. Or wait...did you? And are you just editing it from us?

Tania said...

Always ALWAYS order a combo. It's the only way to get everything you want.

Melissa said...

Marcia: Diner down the street :) Most restaurants -all kinds- deliver in NYC. Actually, I think even McDonald's delivers but I've never tried it.

Grandy: THANK YOU! That's what I was thinking!!! And no I didn't edit my F-bombs from you. But I did edit myself from saying them out loud to *them!*

Mac: Good advice :) Except I almost never want fries! Plus what I wanted (when I realized they made them) was a smoothie. (Do they have hamburger/smoothie combos? ;) )