Tuesday, January 29, 2008

6 Year Old Versus My Friend

I know you're all waiting for the last story from the meme, but I'm having a crazy busy week, so it may be a while before I can write that one out properly. In the meantime, I bring you this conversation between my friend and one of her students.

MY FRIEND
See? This is where we signed our names on the form. And that's where I signed my name, right there. My first name is Katharine.

STUDENT
Katharine? That's your name? That's not an old lady name, that's a little girl's name!

 

7 Comments:

Hillary said...

hahahaha! Aren't six year olds wonderful??? :)

Vanessa said...

Kids say the funniest things!

Nora said...

Hee hee. I totally remember the shock of finding out my teachers had first names. They might as well have been aliens.

Grandy said...

Ok Melissa...funny you should post this and still think I was blonde.

True story, I'm in North Dakota working with kids through my job with the children's theatre.

Little Boy: Where you from?
Me: California
Little Boy: You CAN'T be from California!!!
Me: Why?
Little Boy: Cuz you're not blonde!!

:)

Rebecca said...

And yet, the majority of Katharines/Catherines/even one Ekaterina I know (no matter the spelling) are eligible for AARP...

MP said...

I REALLY love when kids just speak..it's so truthful!!

that is classic!

Melissa said...

Nora: What about when you saw teachers outside of school like at the GROCERY store! Or *gasp* EATING in a restaurant! Those used to really throw me!

Grandy: See? Even that kid knew you must REALLY be blonde! ;) -And FWIW, I wasn't thinking bleached beach blonde. I was thinking more like light brown-ish blonde. (Like that matters! Lol!)

Rebecca: Hmmm... now I'll have to think about that one! One is AARP eligible... One was my aunt who lived to be 104 so that would have counted... The rest that I know are 50s, 40s, 30s... all the way down to kids.

Hillary, Vanessa, MP: Yeah, gotta love what comes out of their mouths!