Monday, January 14, 2008

Percussive Maintenance

The DVD tray in my DVD/VCR player was stuck closed. Couldn't get it open. I tried the remote, I tried the button, I tried jiggling, wedging things in to force it open, blowing air, unplugging the unit to re-set it... Nothing. I could hear the motor whirring, and the LEDs said it was opening, but it still stayed shut. This morning I thought I'd check the Internet and see if there were any easy solutions to this (besides getting a new DVD player). I tried several suggestions and nothing worked.

How many of you know what's coming?

Eventually I found a bulletin board where someone suggested whacking the DVD player. One person had replied that they'd tried it and it worked. Given my previous experience with my iPod I didn't give this a second thought. I walked over, pressed the button, whacked the top of the machine, and the drawer slid open.

I am The Fonz.

 

6 Comments:

MP said...

AAAAAYYYYY!!! (said with her thumbs up)
Way to go shortcake!

storyteller said...

Whatever works! LOL
Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...

Whatever works! LOL
Hugs and blessings,

Kennis said...

Boooo-yahh! :)..lol You rock.

Anonymous said...

You have the magic touch.

Melissa said...

Lol! I was wondering how many of you might say "What's a Fonz?" ;)

And Joe! Dude! You stopped by! :)

Once in a while, Joe posts something in his blog that is eerily similar to one of my posts here. Since we live pretty close to each other, I blame it on the water ;) (Joe, try to come by sometime when I don't have 4 posts about death and funerals!)