Monday, January 21, 2008

My First Meme: 7 Random And/Or Weird Things About Me

I got tagged by Grandy for my very first meme: "7 random and/or weird things about me." I asked a friend to help me out with this, because most of the things that occurred to me were things I'd already told you all, or things I didn't want to tell you! Lol!

Since it's difficult for me to list 7 random or weird things without explaining the stories behind them, I'm going to do my meme a bit differently. I'll list my answers here, then expand on them over the next few days (Yes, it's another multiple part post! ;) )

I'm also not going to tag people for this because I am the dead end of all chain type letters (Actually that's a good random thing about me. That'll be number one!) However, if you are one of the last blogs on Earth who has not had this meme yet, and you'd like to do it, consider yourself tagged. If you decide to do the meme, link back here and let me know in the comments, and I'll list you as one of my "tagged" people at the end of this post (Which will probably drive some extra traffic to your site. -Didn't think about that did ya? ;) )

The Rules
  • Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
  • Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
  • Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
  • Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

My list of 7 random and/or weird things about me
(To be explained in greater detail over the next few days)
  1. I won't continue any kind of chain letter or "chain email." (Except for one time that involved socks...)
  2. I stopped taking riflery at camp when I was 12 because I was afraid I'd get drafted.
  3. If I listen to a song 3 times, I know about 95% of it perfectly. Lyrics and music.
  4. My friend's suggestion: "You slept in your car with a squirrel."
  5. My father looks like Patrick Stewart. (Another of my friend's suggestions.)
  6. I was 11 years old the first time I saved someone's life. (That I know of.)
  7. I once made a cake in the shape of two large breasts. (Also my friend's suggestion.)

My List Of 7 Voluntarily Tagged People

(Your link could be here! Let me know if you take up the challenge!)
  1. Rebecca at Sunspotting
  2. MP at mysecondjournal
  3. Kendra at A Thousand Words
  4. 4 more volunteer spots!
  5. You know you want to volunteer!
  6. [Your Name Here]
  7. [Or Here. Heck you can even pick which spot you want! :) ]

 

10 Comments:

Grandy said...

Great job, little lady!! I hope you understand that my reason for tagging you was because I think you're a hoot that needs to be shared. I hope it's alright!!

That being said...can't wait to hear the stories behind each one, but especially #'s 4, 6 & 7. :D

Rebecca said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog! It was nice hearing from you.

I'd be glad to be a meme-buddy (?? yikes that's wierd) or tagged for that meme, whatever the right phrase is! I'm brave, I'm strong, and I think I can handle it. I'll start Wednesday.

You made me chuckle with the story about the neti pot. I've been using one for about 10 years now, and it's helped a lot. My yoga instructor did a demo after class, and gave good, clear warnings about what to do and not to do. Lots more helpful for me than YouTube, though I'll not knock that site for helpful how-to vids on other subjects. Anyway, I'm glad it's helping you! :-) It's nice to have a non-drug answer to congestion, whatever the reason for the stuffiness.

Keep well!

Vanessa said...

Thanks for not tagging me! I've been tagged by three other bloggers all about 2 days apart. I'm temporarily retiring from MEMEs!

Vanessa said...

And I can't wait to hear about sleeping in the car with a squirrel! Tell that story first? Pretty please?

MP said...

If you ever DO want to tag I LOVE meme's. I do hate those emails.."I want to see this back"..PLEASE! Geezo..

Great list..and I'm a bit jealous of your ability to remember the music and lyrics of songs. Do you play anything??

storyteller said...

I enjoyed your original "take" on doing this meme and I'm looking forward to the posts that will surely follow the "teasers" you posted here ... especially #2, 4, and 6. I've noticed some folks are making subtle changes in the "rules" as they continue to pass this one around. I did it twice myself ... once on each blog several weeks apart. The 1st time I did a "list" with some detail here:
http://smallreflections.blogspot.com/2007/11/7-random-things.html

The 2nd time I did it as Haiku here:
http://sacredruminations.blogspot.com/2008/01/haiku-friday-volume-4-second-hybrid.html

Variety is the spice of life and I don't much enjoy following "rules" either, but these memes DO provide an opportunity to get acquainted with other bloggers without trying to catch up on all their previous posts.
Hugs and blessings,

Melissa said...

Grandy: Thank you :) I do know that and I appreciate the compliment :)

Hi Rebecca, good to hear from you! -And you're volunteering!!! Woo hoo! Volunteer #1!

-It's funny to me that half the people who have replied to the neti pot post already USE a neti pot. I doubt I'd get that average from people in my real life!

Vanessa: You're welcome ;)

As for which to do first, I was going to do them in the order they were listed, but I think I'm going to go further with the "random" theme and do them as they come to me. (I promise the squirrel won't be last!)

And everybody go check out Vanessa's new blog layout! It's AWSEOME!

MP: Volunteer #2! Woo hoo!!!

Re: Music, I used to play first trumpet in school, piano (mostly by ear, but not well), and smaller instruments like pennywhistle, harmonica (I had about 5), kazoo... ;) LOVED percussion instruments but never studied them.

storyteller: Actually a genetic meme (not necessarily a "blog meme") is supposed to change and mutate :)

Kennis said...

Ok, I did it...seems I couldn't resist :). Though yours are more entertaining.
http://athsndwords.blogspot.com/2008/01/7-things-about-meagain.html

MP said...

LOL...I was wondering where the heck the tag was...OK I'll do this later today!

Melissa said...

Yay Kendra! I added you :)

MP "Tag! You're it!" :)