Saturday, January 5, 2008

I Needed A Laugh

I just saw a neighbor in the hallway. She told me she was on the way to the store and asked if there was anything she could pick up for me. I told her Romaine lettuce and fresh spinach would be great.

As she headed down the stairs she started chanting...

"Romaine lettuce and spinach...
Romaine lettuce and spinach...
Romaine lettuce and spinach...
Romaine lettuce and spinach..."

Halfway down the stairwell she yelled up,

"I'm going to keep saying this so I don't forget, and when I get back I'll hand you a bag and say 'here is exactly what you wanted: Soap, and milk.' "

 

6 Comments:

storyteller said...

Welcome back from wherever you went. I hope you had a wonderful time and have returned refreshed and ready for 2008. Thanks for sharing the laughter. Those of us with fading memory relate, sigh.
Hugs and blessings,

Kennis said...

Hahahahaha....sounds exactly like me. Glad to see you are back :).

Athena said...

Delurking to say I am glad you are back. I missed your writing!

Lurked back,

Athena

Grandy said...

Welcome back!! Did you get your pizza & beer? Oh wait...romaine lettuce and spinach, that's right!

Nora said...

Welcome back! Good to start the new year with a laugh. I'm impressed at your greens consumption!

Melissa said...

Thank you everyone for the welcome back!

By now you have an idea of where I was (re: my posts from today and yesterday) and honestly, coming back to a bunch of cheerful welcomes was really nice. So thank you. You made me smile :)

And athena! You delurked! Lol! I'm honored! Thank you so much for the compliment and for leaving a comment. :)

Nora Bee: Now if I could just remember to *eat* them...