Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Hate This Winter?

Am I the ONLY person in the blogosphere who's not depressed by this winter? It seems like most blogs I read have posts about how people are hating the snow or hating the cold, can't wait until it's over, and are looking forward to spring and summer and sun etcetera, etcetera, and so forth. I mean REALLY hating the winter and suffering through it right now! Is it a Seasonal Affective Disorder thing? Because the days are getting longer now, so if that were it, wouldn't people be feeling better instead of worse?

Me? I'm not really phased by this winter (or any other that I remember.) I mean sure it's really cold sometimes, but guess what? In the summertime, sometimes it's too darned hot!

I thought maybe just people in certain states were having trouble with this, but I've seen it mentioned in some NY blogs too.

So...? Am I the only person on the planet who isn't phased by this winter?

 

5 Comments:

MP said...

It's funny you are posting this..cause in my head I have been thinking about how in Missouri..this is the first real winter we've had in years and although I'm ready for the beach I also have enjoyed the snow. Today it's 33ish w/ 30mph winds and blowing flurries..it LOOKS and feels like winter. When I was a kid we had real snow..like 4 or 5 inches at a time...then for decades nothing..nada..just cold and dry. I personally like it!

storyteller said...

Hmmm ... Winter is a relative term - especially in So Cal. I have irises blooming in my front yard all of a sudden as the rain stopped and the weather abruptly turned warm. When I see pictures of all that snow and ice, methinks I'd be more than ready for Spring if I'd lived through that.
Hugs and blessings,

Vanessa said...

The winter has been fine for me, but I live in Dallas. When I lived in NYC no problems, when I lived in Seattle, there were some really hard days. Like oh god, I'm so sad, I think I'll just lay down right here on the floor and not go anywhere today.

Nora said...

I like winter just fine. In fact, if I have anything it's reverse SAD. I totally get anxious and broody after too many bright sunny days.

Melissa said...

mp: I miss deep snowy days too. We get very few of those now. Here, when it snows, it often quickly turns to slush or freezes over.

storyteller: I like seasons. I like snow, and I'm ok with summer as long as it doesn't get too hot. My personal preference is fall. (But you can't have "fall" without the other seasons!)

vanessa: Seattle was really that much different? I wonder why, since you lived in so many other places where it wasn't a problem?

nora bee: Ok, this was amazing:

"if I have anything it's reverse SAD. I totally get anxious and broody after too many bright sunny days."

ME TOO! Lol! I have never been a fan of very bright sunny days, and I am not comfortable when there are lots of sunny days in a row. I don't know if they make me feel broody or depressed, but they will cause me to feel anxious and uncomfortable. I've never had a problem with too many overcast days in a row (when everybody else is ready to jump out a window!)

You're the first person I've ever heard of who experiences something similar!