Thursday, February 21, 2008

Shocking Discovery

IF you are holding a cordless phone and
IF you have a corded earpiece that goes from the phone to your ear and
IF you remove your bathrobe while the phone is in your hand and the earpiece is in your ear and
IF your bathrobe creates static as you remove it


ALL the static electricity will go through your hand, into the phone, out your earpiece and will SHOCK the CRAP out of your ear!

I don't suggest you try this at home but if you do, don't say I didn't warn you!



MP said...

ouch...thanks for the

Alice said...

HAAA. i have had some bad static shocks before, but i'm pretty sure none have been INSIDE my ear before :-)

Vanessa said...

OOWWWWWIE! You can bet I will NOT be trying this at home!

Melissa said...

You know what was particularly "brilliant" was that since I was trying to get out the door, was mid taking-off-my-robe, and trying to check phone messages all at the same time, I wasn't really paying attention to "reality." So while I was getting shocked, instead of STOPPING and taking out the ear piece, I just kept going and thinking "OW! That hurts! OW! That hurts! OW! That hurts! OW! That hurts!"

storyteller said...

I'm sorry this happened to you, but sincerely appreciate you passing the information along to us so we won't ever suffer the same fate.
Hugs and blessings,

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I probably shouldn't be laughing BUT I am laughing pretty damn hard.

Melissa said...

Tootsie: I'm not sure how I missed your comment, but you just made me laugh pretty damn hard too :)