Monday, July 7, 2008

Just Visiting

What's better than a kitten that fits in the palm of your hand?

kitten

TWO kittens that fit in the palm of your hand!
(That's one hand!)
kitten

My friend is bottle feeding these two for a shelter near her and since they have to be fed every two hours she brought them with her when she came to visit.

Just to give you a sense of scale:
kitten
Yes, that's me.

I hope these two are ok. I poked and prodded them a little -as I do when anyone hands me an animal or a baby- (I check them all over. Ears, toes, tummy, everything.) and as often happens when I look over an animal, I found a few issues which will hopefully be addressed by a vet today.

They're soooo tiny.

This one only opened its eyes 2 days ago:
wet kitten

I know... it looks like a drowned rat. That's partially my fault. They were pooping on each other's heads so I decided a bath was in order.

A few more pictures:
wet kitten

wet kitten
My thumb moved during this picture (you can see the blur.)
He doesn't really have a flat head!

wet kitten

wet kitten

Anybody want a kitten?

 

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...OMG..OMG..OMG
How in the world could you let your friend leave...and take them with her...OMG OMG OMG OMG.. I want both of them....

Alice said...

*dies*

Anonymous said...

I got my kittens at 12 weeks old, I had no idea they are that tiny at birth. Yikes!! So precious.

Nora said...

Awwwwwwww. I think my milk just let down.

Bayjb said...

OMG OMG OMG she's so little! I can't believe it. The kitty is so adorable, I would want to hold her all the time!!!

Vanessa said...

Oh the cuteness! It's amazing to see them so small and know they will grow up someday. The tiny feet! I wish I could smell them!

lattemommy said...

You let her leave with them??? So adorable. Even with the poopy heads. :)

Kennis said...

Sorry, I'd comment but I'm on the floor. Cause of death: Cuteness overload.

I just wanna snuggle them! But they are so tiny all I can see in my head is an "Of mice and men" moment.

Melissa said...

MP: I could arrange that but you'd have to come to NY to get them! :)

alice: High praise from someone with one of the cutest kittens EVER!

Abbie: Well how did you think they got OUT? ;) :D

Nora: LOL! THAT cracked me up! :D

bayjb: You should have seen when my friend asked "Do you want to feed them one more time before we go? Or not?" -Uh...DUH???! :D

Vanessa: Not really! Lol! Wait 'till they stop pooping on each other!

Lattemommy: I can't have pets :( I wish I could but I think my pet days are over. I can't handle when they die. The first place award for being REALLY BAD at coping with loss goes to -ME!

kendra: Defnite cuteness overload. :)

storyteller said...

Ah … just too cute for wordz are these tiny ones (though I’m sure they’re bigger now since it’s been a couple of weeks since you shared these pix). This would make a wonderful Camera Critters post ;--)
Hugs and blessings,