Wednesday, December 12, 2007

More Random Conversations


Conversation with an 18 year old

ME
How's school?

HER
Good! I'm doing really good. Except for one class I'm going to fail. I didn't do any of the homework.

ME
None of it? How come?

HER
I didn't buy the textbook.

Conversation with a homeless man

ME
What kind of pizza do you want?

HIM
Pepperoni. Can I get 2 slices?

ME
Yes.

HIM
Can I get a sandwich instead?

ME
Yes.

PIZZA GUY
Anything to drink?

HIM
Can I get a coke?

ME
It's cold. Do you want coffee?

HIM
I'd like a coke.

ME
Large?

HIM
Yeah.

PIZZA GUY
To stay or to go?

HIM
To go.
(to me)
People are afraid of me.
ME
I know.

Telephone conversation with a 2 year old

ME
Hi.

HER
Good.

ME
How are you?

HER
Hi.

My blind 101 year old neighbor telling me about her dreams

HER
I dream that I'm in a big white mansion. Everything is white. Then everything is rose colored. There are lots of people there. I am surrounded by people. But they don't talk. Then I wake up and I'm alone. And I wonder if all those people were ghosts.

Sometimes I dream I'm in a big white mansion and the people are telling me "Go outside, go outside!" So I do. Then they tell me "Look up! Look up!" and so I do. And I see these beautiful letters in the sky completely made out of flowers. And it's breathtaking.

ME
What do the letters say?

HER
I see an "N."

ME
An N? What does that mean?

HER
I don't know. But it's an N and it's all made out of flowers... and it's beautiful.

 

2 Comments:

MP said...

I LOVE your conversations!! The homeless man is golden!!

Melissa said...

Thank you. I love them too :)

Re: The homeless man: I don't like giving homeless people money, but I'll buy them food, or give them my leftovers when I'm coming home from a party or dinner out someplace (unless I really REALLY want it for myself! Lol!). I'll write more about that someday.