Friday, April 4, 2008

It's Nice To Be Loved...

IM conversation with a friend last week.
ME
NaBloPoMo's theme for April is "Letters." At first I thought "I don't have 30 letters in me to write.... that I'd share!" Then I thought about all the letters I've saved over the years. I've got loads there. I could scan them.

HER
There you go!

ME
Then there's email. Those count as letters.

HER
So you have enough for a whole decade!

[LATER]

HER
I'm eating the last piece of Dove chocolate. It was screaming my name.

ME
How annoying.

HER
The wrapper says: "Send a love letter this week."

ME
Ooooh! Send it to me and I'll put it on my blog next month!

HER
The other night I had two chocolates and both of them said that.

ME
Then you'd better get cracking!

HER
I know.

Tomorrow's Friday!

I wonder who I should send it to?

ME
Me!

For "letters month!"

HER
Dear Melissa,

I had a weird dream last night. And though you weren't in it, I just felt I had to tell you.


Oh, and I love you.


Sincerely,


[friend's name]


How's that?

ME
I think I may have it framed.


 

2 Comments:

Grandy said...

Oh friends are so GREAT!! ;)

Melissa said...

Friends that humor me in particular :)