Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Letters To The Laundromat

To the Spanish Speaking Men at the laundromat:

If you have a question or need help with something, yes I speak spanish. If you're hitting on me, "No hablo espaƱol."

To the Old Men at the laundromat:

If you're hitting on me, I also don't hear well.

To my female, married, in her 60s, and totally not hitting on me neighbor who saw me on my way back from the laundromat, in my sweats (half of which I wore to bed last night) my "I can't be bothered with my hair right now" baseball cap, and my "please nobody make eye contact with me right now" dark sunglasses, and gave me a huge smile and out of nowhere said "You look GOOD!"

I love you.

 

7 Comments:

MP said...

:-)

AWESOME post...
I love your observations and conversations!!

Anonymous said...

lol, aww how sweet of your neighbor.

Nora said...

Very sweet neighbor! (And I'm impressed you have so many guys hitting on you)

Vanessa said...

Laundromats are strange places. You have a great neighbor though!

Melissa said...

Thanks MP :)

abbie, nora, vanessa: Yeah, she was pretty much the highlight of my day. :) I'm telling you... sweats, baseball cap, sunglasses, no make up... -Very nice to have someone say (who wasn't after me! ;) )

-And Nora: It's not that impressive! Lol! I just don't look threatening to anyone so they all figure they have a chance!

Grandy said...

You hottie!!!

Melissa said...

No, that would be my MOM.