Saturday, May 3, 2008

3:26 AM: Book Meme

MP tagged me for a Book Meme back in February. I tried doing it many times, but it proved to be problematic.

The rules are:

  1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages)
  2. Open the book to page 123.
  3. Find the fifth sentence.
  4. Post the next three sentences.
  5. Tag five people
Well we know #5 is out because I don't do that. The problem, for me started with #1. The book of at least 123 pages. It turns out, that I have no books near my desk that have 123 pages. I thought I did, but I was mistaken. The books closest to my desk are children's books or software manuals. I do have other books but they're not nearby, and God forbid I GET UP FROM MY CHAIR to do a meme!

A few times I thought I might be able to do it. I noticed a book sitting nearby, on a table, on my bed. Do you know what I found each time I opened one of those books to page 123? A blank page. The page was blank! Or it had less than five sentences. -This happened several times. Different days, different books, different times.

I do not believe this meme was meant to be. Not for me anyway. If the time comes when I notice a book of more than 123 pages in the vicinity of my desk, (with text of more than 5 sentences on page 123) I may revisit this, but for now, it doesn't look like it's gonna happen!

 

3 Comments:

Vanessa said...

I would definitely take it as a sign this was not meant for you!

MP said...

Well EXCUSE ME...
LOL....
Holy cow what happened to you..You have blogged more this weekend then what...?? I don't know I had a thought but lost it..

OK...I must read them in order..I'll be back :-)

Melissa said...

vanessa: So not meant for me!

mp: LOL! Hey, I just wanted to make sure you knew that I hadn't forgotten your meme and it's not like I didn't TRY!