Saturday, May 24, 2008

...Only A Mother Could Love

HER
So if I get this new job it'll be more of what I like to do, but I won't have my own classroom because I'll be bringing my lessons into other people's classrooms.

ME
Good thing you didn't get another guinea pig for your class.

HER
I know.

ME
What about your other classroom pet? You know... the er... slugs.

HER
The silkworms?

ME
They're maggots.

silkworms
Photo by: Wm Jas

HER
They're beautiful!

ME
They're Gagh.

HER
I love them!

ME
(*sigh*)
I know you do.

silkworm
Photo by: Jason Gulledge

 

6 Comments:

Vanessa said...

NOT beautiful! Maybe in a part of nature, nature is great kinda way. But that's it!

Hillary said...

I've got a big ol bin of red wiggler worms, so, uh, yeah. I understand. They're actually fascinating. SOmeitmes I take them out after school and let them crawl around on my hand. Very cool!

Tania said...

Yup. Maggots.

Melissa said...

Hillary... you two would get along so well on the teacher level, it's scary :D

Vanessa and Mac: Ya know... I love nature and all animals. I'm one of those people that doesn't kill bugs unless they're actually coming after me and even then it's usually a reflex, but seeing these moving around on a tray in her kitchen... they kinda get to me! Lol!

Grandy said...

Are you trying to trick me? These look like that pesto in tube pic too. EWWWW.

Melissa said...

No, THESE I don't think I would have been able to eat even if they did taste like Pesto!