Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Blue House: Upstairs Bathroom

I used to collect doll house miniatures. This is a picture from "The Blue House." (If the rollovers in the photo don't work, click here.)

Yes of course this house had more than one bathroom! Have you not been keeping count? There were FIVE people living in this house! (Six if you count the infant in the Parents' Room!) This was the upstairs bathroom. It was between the Boy's Room and the Girl's Room on the top floor of the house.

This bathroom had my sister's original bathroom set. It was oversized and not quite to scale, but it too had a "normal" toilet and hey, when you need a second bathroom, you can't be too picky!

The Kleenex box was made by the neighbor up the street. The red powder puff container may have been a plastic wheel from an old toy. We had a large red powder puff in our guest bathroom when I was young so "in my world" this was a perfectly normal thing to have in a bathroom!

The black wire rack in this room was another cake rack. Smaller than the one in the kitchen and another of my sister's pieces that I "rescued."

The mirror over the sink was also from my sister's house. It was from one of my mom's old makeup cases and was painted white (can you tell? ;) ). It looks like it was painted with Wite Out. It may have been!

I don't think I ever finished the baseboard trim in this room.

 

2 Comments:

Sarah said...

Hey thanks for checking out my blog! You were the first comment from someone I dont know! I was excited! Just wanted to tell you that I am amazed by all these dollhouse pictures! You have done an incredible job! It sounds like a lot of fun!

Melissa said...

Hi Sarah! Welcome! Sorry for taking so long to reply. Busy week!

Thank you for the doll house compliments. I've still got a bunch more pictures that I'll post after April so come on back! :)