Saturday, March 8, 2008

Pipi De Kitty

My room smells like cat pee. I do not have a cat. I think it may be coming from the air conditioner I bought from my neighbors yesterday. It's the only "new" thing in here.

They bought it from my neighbors before them and those neighbors had a cat with some kidney problems, so it's possible. I've never noticed their apartment smelling like cat pee, but their rooms are larger and have better ventilation.

I like this AC and I'd like to be able to keep it. It's bigger than my old one, works better, and it has a remote! I could adjust the temperature without getting up from my bed!

Later, I'll hit it with a bunch of sprays and run it for a while to see if that solves the problem. If not, I'll tell my neighbors. They're pretty great. I'm going to miss them when they move.

But just in case THIS is the day they finally get around to reading my blog... Dudes! The AC smells like cat pee!

EDIT: Then again... maybe there was just an angry cat outside my window? The smell is gone now. I don't think I got used to it. I think it's actually gone. So maybe a cat decided to relieve itself outside my window and the odor was coming through the air conditioner, but was not actually from the air conditioner. I hope that's what it was.

My old roommate told me a cat came through her window twice in the middle of the night. Coulda been him...

 

5 Comments:

Vanessa said...

Cat pee is one of the worst smells and is so hard to get out. I wish you the best of luck! Since google is our friend, maybe check what combats cat pee? Something to neutralize the ammonia?

Melissa said...

I just added to this entry. I think the odor is gone. It may just have been a cat that peed outside my window (though I don't know how or where. Must have been potent!)

david mcmahon said...

Thank goodness it's not a complete ``cat''astrophe.

Melissa said...

Yes, there is no "P" in this "abartment" and I want to keep it that way!

Thanks for stopping by David! :)

Grandy said...

Ewww...love my animals but not my animals' smells. Air fresheners for all! ;)