Friday, March 21, 2008

Bunny Hats

When I was very young (between 1 and 5), there was an elderly couple that lived diagonally across the street from us. I wish I could remember their names. I'm usually very good with that (-Oh! I DO remember! The Knoxes. "Mr. and Mrs. Knox" -Told ya I was good!) We didn't see them much except for the occasional wave and friendly smile, but around Easter time, Mr. Knox always brought my friend and I "Easter Bunny hats." -A band of card stock with two paper bunny ears stapled to them. My friend and I loved our bunny hats and looked forward to them every year. We were always so excited! We would wear our hats constantly and pretend we were bunnies, until eventually one of the ears would fall off. Then we'd pretend we were Indians.

 

4 Comments:

Alice said...

that's so sweet of them! i'm sort of jealous i never had any Easter Bunny Hats growing up, now...

Vanessa said...

What a cute story! Sounds like fun with hats.

Grandy said...

So...what did ya do when the other ear fell off? Wait! Put them over your eyes and play hide & seek??

Melissa said...

alice: Little things like that make such great memories. I always try to remember that with kids.

vanessa: Oak tag.... it's like the equivalent of buying kids expensive presents and having them play with the box!

grandy: Darn where were you when I was 4? We could have gotten MONTHS more out of those things! :)