Friday, March 14, 2008

Take A Bite Dearie...

Daniele stopped by for "the party" so I went to visit her blog. While I was there I saw this picture.

Apples with bites in them

Boy did that bring back memories! I remember "those apples!" I had those apples! When my brother was little, every apple in our crisper drawer looked exactly like these!

In Junior High, I invited the Principal of my school to be the special guest at my group's final exam meal for our Home Economics class. My part of the meal was dessert, and I made a pie out of THOSE apples. (What? I peeled and washed them!)

Later that night when my parents found out, they gasped and asked how the exam had gone. I told them everything went well and the Principal loved my pie ...why? -My parents breathed a sigh of relief as they imagined what it would have been like if the Principal of our school had gone to take a bite of his apple pie and noticed that the piece of apple on his fork already had a bite taken out of it!

 

5 Comments:

MP said...

LOL!!!

Vanessa said...

This cracks me up! Love those apples!

Cammy said...

ROTFL! That. Is. Priceless!

the princess said...

that's a very cute story. sometimes you just have to use what's available, wha?

Melissa said...

MP, Vanessa, Cammy: When I went to her site and saw that picture it was SO funny. "I KNOW THOSE APPLES!!!!" :D

The princess: Exactly! :)