Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I Am Thankful For Grocery Stores

It's amazing to me that I have access to buildings FILLED with a huge variety of foods, and that for a price I can choose whatever I want and take it home with me any time I want. It's such an amazing commodity.

I'm not talking about having the money to buy food. That's something different. I'm talking about the availability of it. Everything that's involved in making it available and accessible, from the farmers, to the boats, planes, and trucks that ship it, to the stocking...


Every time I walk into a grocery store and see shelves filled with fresh, canned, boxed, and frozen food, I really do think to myself "Wow... how in the world did I ever get this life?"

 

2 Comments:

Nora said...

Hi! This is a great one. We do have so many resources available, don't we? Life is good. And here I am being thankful for a trashy tv show...:-)

Melissa said...

I just read through your blog and left you a bunch of comments! Your son is SO CUTE! And I love how you came up with the name for your blog. I may have to do that at some point :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Oh and I like "America's Next Top Model!"