Thursday, November 8, 2007

I Am Thankful For My Home

As I listen to the wind and street noises outside, I'm very aware that I'm inside and not out there -and that I have an inside that is mine to be in. I often look around and think about how incredibly blessed I am to have my own space with my own stuff in it, arranged where and how I want it. (-No "grown ups" or parents or "whoever" telling me what I can and can't do or where I can and can't put things! ;) )

I have my own little section of the world. It's small but it's mine. And it has heat and plumbing and air conditioning and food... and my bed where I lay my head down every night to dream. Barring any natural disasters or acts of war, it's a safe and comfortable place for me and anyone I love to come visit or stay. I don't own my own place. I rent. But right now, I have a home. And a home is a really great thing to have.

 

2 Comments:

Nora said...

Hear, hear! Home is where the heart is. Thanks for reading my blog, you made my day.

Melissa said...

It was fun to read! And again, the pictures of your son are SO cute! :)