Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I Am Thankful For Rainy And Overcast Days

Most people don't seem to like rainy or overcast days, but I do. I actually prefer them to sunny days most times. I don't want to get caught in the rain if it's freezing outside or if I'm on my way someplace where I won't be able to change into dry clothes at the end, but if I'm on my way home, I'm ok with getting wet (as long as I'm wearing more than a T-shirt!)

Every now and then there's a bunch of dark or rainy days in a row and people start talking about how depressed they feel or how stir crazy they're getting, but I don't ever feel that way from rainy or overcast days. I like them. And there's something immensely comforting to me about rain. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the ions in the air or something. Who knows. But on an overcast day I just feel better.

(...And rain makes the flowers grow and cleans out pollen and breaks heat waves and all that stuff too!)

 

3 Comments:

Hillary said...

You would LOVE Vancouver, then! When are you coming to visit??? :)

Nora said...

I'm with you for sure on this one. Rainy days make me feel safe, and happy that things will be green.

Melissa said...

Hillary: You're probably right!

Nora bee: Ok so that makes two of us in the ENTIRE WORLD! ;)